An Experiment On Squidoo with Hot New Releases On DVD

I have been writing on Squidoo for more than 4 years, and despite having close to 150 lenses (pages) published there, I still get precious few sales on them.

I thought that I would try something new a couple of weeks ago, wanting to try and create some sales oriented pages that kept up to date, and were on topics that people searched for regularly.

I came across a way to create affiliate feeds on Amazon, and I thought it might be good to use these to create niche content for lenses.

Great idea, however I ran into a snag, since the format of the url was not acceptable in the Squidoo RSS module. A bit of lateral thinking later, and I successfully created feeds in Feedburner, which Squidoo was happy to accept.

Now the tedious/repetitive part, creating all the feeds that I wanted to use on my new lens in Feedburner.

Once that was done, it was a case of creating the new lens, adding the feeds, and adding other sections around them.

The only problem is that I can't find a way to display the content so that the text wraps around the images, so I have these turned off right now, and the content is just text.

For each section I am featuring movie trailers, which I will have to change regularly, but that's a pretty simple change.

The new page is Hot New Releases On DVD.  So what do you think?

Criticism and suggestions are always welcome, as without this, how do we know if people like what we are doing, if we are doing things the wrong way, or if we can improve on what we are doing.

Comments